Pop Up

Monday 1 December 2014

Motivation Tips



Do you think these people always feel motivated?

No way. There are some days when the most talented people in the world wake up feeling like sluggish lard bombs. But they use their pre-game routines to pull them into the right mental state, regardless of how they feel.

Here's how you can do it too...

So Easy You Can't Say No
A good pre-workout routine starts by being so easy that you can't say no to it. You shouldn't need motivation to start your pre-workout routine.

My writing routine starts by getting a glass of water. So easy, I can't say no.

My weightlifting routine starts by putting on my lifting shoes. So easy, I can't say no.

My pitching routine started by picking up a baseball and my glove. So easy, I couldn't say no.

The most important part of any task is starting. If you can't get motivated in the beginning, then you'll find that motivation often comes after starting. That's why your pre-workout routine needs to be incredibly easy to start.

For example, you could create an exercise routine that starts with filling up your water bottle. That way, when you don't feel like working out, you can simply tell yourself, "Just fill up the water bottle." Your only goal is to start the routine and then continue from there.








1 comment:

  1. These tips are great and really work, try employing the idea of just getting started and before you know it, your workout will be over!

    ReplyDelete