Pop Up

Thursday 8 January 2015

Power Smoothies!




Green smoothies are where it’s at!

I fully believe that my new morning ritual is 99% responsible for the success of my diet.
I'm talking about my increased energy, the clearer skin, an improved mood, and a metabolism that just won’t quit.

Did I mention that I had a baby 7 months ago and this smoothie has helped me get in better shape than BEFORE I got pregnant?
That is why I find my green smoothies more addictive than coffee, because the results are so phenomenal that you don’t want to give them up.

This is now my morning ritual: 2 cups water with the juice of 1/2 lemon ASAP. Settle the kids. 

Smoothie time!
And the success I have had doing this is beyond what I could have imagined. Why would I ever go back to coffee when I feel and look so great from my green smoothie?

The coolest thing about green smoothies is that you can pretty much pick whatever combination of fruit and greens that works for you and it will always be nutritious and effective.

It took me a long time though to find a combination that made me happy enough to sip on everyday. Mostly because I was hell bent on having 2 servings of greens stuffed in there. Not just spinach.
I started experimenting with celery. I was aiming to create a combination similar to the Glowing Green Smoothie, but one that I could actually stomach.
Turns out I don’t like celery in smoothies.

Once I traded that in for some cucumber, everything changed. My green smoothie found its bliss!










No comments:

Post a Comment