Pop Up

Monday 12 January 2015

Low Calorie Desserts




Only 37 Calories per Brownie!!

If you cut these brownies into 9, they are 37 calories each. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? Well, take out your calculators and add up some numbers, and you’ll see it’s true. And the weirdest part about it is: they taste pretty damn good. Now, normally I'm not a fan of low-calorie desserts, because I think it’s a joke. If you’re going to eat dessert, eat. dessert. 

But one of my favourite bloggers, Rosie the Londoner, put these babies up the other day and they looked so gooey and delish I just had to try them. Now, I made some changes to my liking, so if you use slightly different ingredients (regular yoghurt v Greek, etc) they may come out differently. And, as Rosie says, be sure to under cook your brownies. They taste so so so much better that way!

For the Brownies:

3/4 cup non-fat Greek yoghurt (I used Fage 0%)
1/4 cup skim milk
1/2 cup Cocoa powder
1/2 cup Old fashioned rolled oats (like Quaker)
1/2 cup Truvia (or any natural/stevia based sweetener that pours like sugar)
1 egg
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 pinch salt


The Process:

Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease a square baking dish (I used 8″x8″). Combine all ingredients into a food processor or a blender, and blend until smooth (about 1 minute). Pour into the prepared dish and bake for about 15 minutes. Allow to cool completely before cutting into 9 large squares. 

Optional:

I added about 1/4 cup of chocolate chips to my batter, just to live dangerously. This brings the calorie count up to about 65 calories per brownie!!








No comments:

Post a Comment